The course coordinator registers the course results in the Osiris for Lecturers web application (Osiris Docent, in Dutch). Throughout Osiris for Lecturers and Supervisors, you will find ‘help’ buttons below and above the lines.
Participation list - enter results groupwise
If you want to know who is enrolled in the course, you can download the participation list ('make file' / maak bestand; see example in figure below). You can also use this file and upload it to register the grades of the students in bulk.
Once you entered and (electronically) signed the results, the results are visible for the students from that moment onwards.
If the FAQ webpages do not answer your question, staff members of the Biosciences prorgrammes can send an e-mail to Masoud Ghoreshi; staff members from the faculty of Medicine can send an e-mail to OWCServicedeskICT@umcutrecht.nl or visit the intranet of the UU with instructions for the Faculty of Medicine.
Tip: Check out the Quick Reference Card.
If you have no Solis-id yet as UMC Utrecht staff member please go here to request one.
Last minute cancellation and no-show
Students who register for a course but withdraw at the last minute without a valid reason, or fail to show up, will get a NVD (Niet VolDaan – Incomplete). More information can be found at the Osiris course registration page.
Registration of grades
For the specifics about grading check out section 5 in the EER. For 2021-2022:
1. Marks are awarded on a scale of 1 to 10. A mark of 5.5 (not rounded off) or higher is satisfactory, and lower is unsatisfactory. The examiner determines the final grade expressed with one decimal figure, which will be rounded off mathematically. Marks will be rounded off as follows: If the second decimal is a 5 or higher, the first decimal will be rounded up. If the second decimal is a 4 or lower, the first decimal will be rounded down. This does not apply to grades between 5.45 and 5.50 and between 3.95 and 4.00: these will be rounded off to 5.4 and 3.9, respectively. In Osiris final grades between 5.0 and 5.4 will be rounded down to 5.0, grades from 5.5 to 5.9 will be rounded up to 6.0. Other grades will not be rounded off in Osiris.
2. Alphanumeric results are awarded in the following cases:
- ND - a student who is registered for a course and has not participated in any of the test modules will be given an ND (Niet Deelgenomen – Not Participated);
- NVD - a student who is registered for a course and has not participated in all the test modules or has not fulfilled all the requirements of the test modules will be given a NVD (Niet VolDaan – Incomplete);
- V - if the student has complied with a module but has not received a mark for it, the student may be given a V (Voldoende – Satisfactory) as the result;
- ONV - if the student has not complied with a module and does not receive a mark for it, the student can be given an ONV (ONVoloende – Unsatisfactory) as the result;
- VR - a student who has been granted exemption by the Board of Examiners will be given a VR (VRijstelling – Exemption);
- Other - if the Board of Examiners establishes fraud, the student will be given a NVD (Niet VolDaan – Incomplete) as the result.
NB. For the final assessment:
- if the average final grade as well as all the partial grades are sufficient than the grade will be registered in Osiris;
- if the average final grade is insufficient than the grade will be registered in Osiris;
- if the average final grade is sufficient but one or more of the components does not meet the requirements than it will be registered as NVD in Osiris.
The student has the right to do a resit when the average final grade is > 4.0 (also in case of a NVD).